Véronique M. Oury
Véronique M. Oury is an experienced coach and consultant specializing in project management and interpersonal skills.
The title for her speech in our Conference is: “From a Perfect leader to an Authentic Leader”
Véronique: “Leadership has become a common buzz word. For years now, interpersonal skills have represented a significant percentage of questions in the Project Management Professional certification exam and the PMI Code of Ethics focuses on strong ethical values.
Even passion is no longer taboo in organizations. However, in the leadership courses for Project Managers that I lead, the same questions keep cropping up:
- « Did I use the right leadership style at the right moment with the right person ? »; or
- « Do this trick, or that one, works with anyone, in any cultural environment ? »; or
- « Do I really have to struggle so much in conflicts between my own values, the ones of my hierarchy or the ones of teams to become a great leader ?
All these questions could well mean that there would be a unique way to become a great leader, which would consist in mastering all techniques to reach, not less than … perfection!
With the risks of feeling guilty when we are not successful or frustrated when our souls do not fit into the equation.
Having a leader survival toolkit certainly addresses a need, but does not give THE answer. Simply because the raw material here is the human being, defined by, among others things, values, behavioural preferences and fears.”
Via IIL’s presentation, let’s address here the human side, let’s know oneself, and allow our own and best leader version to come to life!
Véronique M. Oury
Veronique M. Oury is an experienced coach, consultant, trainer and speaker specializing in project management and interpersonal skills. She benefits from excellent communication skills and great ability to understand needs.
• Master in Industrial Engineering, Polytechnic School of Montreal, Canada.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management and Marketing, ISFATES, France and Germany.
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- LHEP (Licensed Human Element Practitioner)
- EQ-I 2.0 certified (Emotional Intelligence)
- MBTI certified (behavioral preferences)
- Change Management Certified